How to Survive Back-to-Back Shows and Live to Blog About it

This past month at Furman has been a busy one: first Into the Woods, then The Magic Flute, now Cabaret! Music has taken over my life and I am DEFINITELY not complaining about it. With that being said, here are a few of my tips for surviving back-to-back shows.

1. SLEEP. Your mind will tell you “no”, but your body will tell you “for the love of all that is good and holy, YASSSSS”. When I think of shows, two words come to mind: LATE NIGHTS. Naps will be your best friend.
2. EAT. And by eat, I mean eat healthy, nutritious food. That midnight Cookout tray may seem tempting, but trust me when I say that you will benefit from a few fresh vegetables and fruits thrown into the mix. Smoothies are also a great time saver for when you’re on the run to your next rehearsal!
3. GO TO THE GYM. You will need this exercise now more than ever before. The last thing that I want to do before a three-hour rehearsal is to do cardio, but the amount of stress it releases is TOTALLY WORTH IT. An added bonus: exercise helps you sleep!!!
4. Invite your friends to the show. You’ve worked hard, and now is your chance to show them why you’ve been ditching them for the past however many weeks. Not to mention, they’re your friends and should WANT to support you!
5. After the show is over, WATCH NETFLIX. Or just rest. This is your chance to breathe… that is, until the next show.