First Semester Surprises

photo.PNGMy first semester at Furman University was a wild one! So many new friends, so many new experiences… It’s hard to sum it all up in one blog post! I will, however, disclose a few surprises that may or may not have knocked me off my feet!

1. I stayed up late. Like really late. In high school, I usually made it to bed around 10:00 or 11:00… at Furman, I’m lucky if I make it to bed by 12:30! That said, I have also discovered the power of the “power nap”. Also, there’s nothing like image-6a midnight run to Cookout with your friends to fuel up for a night of studying (or Lord of the Rings marathoning).
2. I studied much more than I had to in high school. Luckily, my friends did also, so we made it through countless afternoons of paper-writing and physics-solving together! It was common that our “hanging-out” involved study sessions… with a few study breaks, of course!
3. The first few weeks, I was fine… no feelings of homesickness, no missing mom and dad… not until the second month. That was when I started coming home more often. Of course, now I’m perfectly fine living away from “the nest”, and find myself visiting home less and less. It also helps that I have an awesome group of friends to keep company with!
4. Sometimes it’s good to get away from campus with my friends… especially when it involves exploring health-food stores or walking through Christmas light displays! Here are a few pictures from our recent adventure to Tommy and Tony’s house in Butler Station!image-7