Senior Year – Midyear Update!

With the first semester of my senior year at Furman complete, I thought I’d give an update on my current state of the union.

Grades for this semester: posted and I am pleased! 🙂 This semester I took several classes for my Sociology major and one elective course to sample a department I had no previous exposure to, but heard great things about (Political Science.) I definitely recommend getting GERs (General Education Requirements) out of the way early, and doubling up on them when you can, so as an upperclassman, you’re free to take whatever you like. And speaking of . . .

Classes for next semester: scheduled, and the courseload includes CERAMICS, which I have been dying to take since I was a freshman! I’m so excited! I met with the professor already and he said we make DISHES among other things. I want to have a set of dishes for my next apartment by the end of the semester – we’ll see how that goes.

Grad schools apps: completed, submitted, and I’m starting to hear back! It is such a relief to have them crossed off the list. Among the many people I have to thank for their submission: wonderful recommenders, BettyAnn German (my mom) for telling me to take the GRE in the summer to have it out of the way before school, Megan (my roommate) for listening to several drafts of my personal statement, and The Registrar at Furman for answering a ton of questions about transcripts.

Summer job/internship apps: started, and still being researched. My goal to have these submitted is February, which is going to be a pretty hectic month considering that seems to be when graduate schools start their interviews.

Life as a senior is FLYING by – I swear this semester was the fastest year – and I can’t believe I’m about to start my last! Happy holidays to you and yours – soon enough, we’ll be back at Furman (I can’t wait!)