New Semester

Since it is the start of a new semester, I feel like I should go over the goals I set up at the beginning of the year in an earlier blogpost. This way I can see what I’ve done well and how I need to improve that way this year can live up to my expectations. (I put the goals with my new comments directly under them)

1. Maintain my GPA (if not improve it)
    1. Unfortunately didn’t happen, but I’m proud of the grades I got last semester. So #noragrets not even one letter
  2. Get an internship for the summer preferably one in the television industry or at the very least in a place I’ve never been
    1. Working on that now. Applications. Applications. Applications. Too many applications. Plus I should fix my resume.
  3. Go on a study abroad May X
    1. I actually achieved this one! One for three so far. Not bad. But I’m going to San Francisco in May to study the rhetoric of social activism that occurred in the bay area.
  4. Go hiking more
    1. Nope. Not done that at all
  5. Travel and see friends from other schools
    1. Did that. I went to High Point. Great school (Furman’s better)
  6. Make new friends (obviously. that’s always a good goal to have)
    1. Yep. Friends, Waffles, Work; that’s my motto
  7. Laugh. Constantly.
    1. Hahaha yes
  8. Vote. Seriously people, the election process is extremely vital. So go vote. EVERY VOTE MATTERS
    1. Not done that yet. Primaries are coming up though. How do you register for an absentee ballot?
  9. See Sisters in theaters the day it comes out. December 18, 2015
    1. Did that. And saw it again. Probably will see it again in theaters. Great movie. WATCH IT
  10. Exercise more. (it’s always on the list and yet I still always fail)
    1. I tried that yesterday. I attempted to run. I don’t recommend it.
  11. See more concerts. Any concerts. I just love live music in general, but preferably concerts of bands I like.
    1. I saw Waka Flocka Flame and Ke$ha. Clearly, I am the definition of sophistication and class.
  12. Pet as many dogs as possible
    1. I petted as many as possible, but it still wasn’t enough. MUST. PET. MORE.
  13. Get more bowties. You can never have enough
    1. I think I got two.
  14. Read one of the many new, unopened books I’ve bought over the years for fun.
    1. I honestly don’t think I have. I bought new books and read those instead.
  15. Tour a grad school. (That’s a thing juniors do, right?)
    1. Hahahahaha no
  16. Go to Goodwill. I haven’t been in so long and I miss it.
    1. A couple of times. They did have an amazing sale on old hospital chairs. You know the ones they keep in waiting rooms that are connected and have arm rests so you can’t sleep on them? Yeah those. Except I didn’t buy them because
      1. I don’t have anywhere to put them
      2. They were pretty creepy
  17. Don’t buy anything I don’t absolutely need. (Hahahaha sorry. I had to put at least one joke in here)
    1. Definitely failed at this. No surprises. I now have a duck statue. His name is Fitzgerald.
  18. Figure out how to put up the curtain for my closet. It’s been 5 weeks now, Gar. You’re running out of excuses not to put it up.
    1. It’s still not up. Also if we’re counting things I still haven’t done, according to my calendar, it is September. Also I have no idea where this curtain is anymore.
  19. Win my fantasy football league. I have a good feeling. Victory is mine.
    1. I got second. So basically I’m a winner and the next Tom Brady
  20. Continue to have fun and be glad that I’m a Paladin!
    1. Done and done.

So I feel like I have done a pretty good job so far. Hopefully this semester I will keep improving.