Thankful

As Thanksgiving is officially this week, I think it’s important to say thanks for all the fantasticĀ things in my life.

1. The Dining Hall is having their Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow, and I’m too excited. It is literally the best meal they make all year. Last year, I had to climb out my window to get there on time (the lock on my door broke so I couldn’t get out, but I lived on the first floor Do and maintenance was able to fix the door easily so it’s okay).
  2. I have great friends that are so important to me.
  3. My classes are going extremely well, despite two 15 page papers that are trying to kill me and tons of computer programming to do.
  4. I get to see my dog on Tuesday. I miss her so much, and seeing her will make the holidays great. Tuesday is also my sister’s birthday, but my dog – you understand, right?
  5. I’m thankful for great TV shows. How to Get Away with Murder and Scandal, A+. Keep it up, Shonda Rhimes.
  6. My friend’s mom just had a baby, and I get to see it over Thanksgiving break. I’m so excited. I haven’t held a newborn in like 8 years. When I told my mom, she gave me a talk on how I NEED to hold it, and how my life would be completely empty if I didn’t. My mom loves babies, if you couldn’t tell.
  7. I’m so incredibly thankful for my health. I haven’t been sick yet this year. *knock on wood*
  8. I’m thankful that the Patriots are killing it this year. Back-to-back Super Bowl wins, I can feel it. Anyone else?
  9. I’m thankful for my job downtown and my coworkers.
  10. I’m thankful for the group members I have in a current group project. They are hardworking and great. It’s not often you hear someone say that.
  11. Do you know what else I’m thankful for? Democracy. While I’m not a fan of any the presidential candidates (Republican or Democratic, they all suck), I’m thankful we have this option for democracy and for our voice to be heard.
  12. PUPPIES. Puppies in general. So thankful. I got to play with two 2-month old puppies last week and it was great.
  13. Spell check. I’m not the greatest speller and after writing two 15 page papers (and now in the process of editing them), spell check is a life saver.
  14. My parents. Ew. Sentimental – I hate it too, folks, but it’s true. My parents are great.
  15. Did I mention I’m thankful for my friends? (Also DH Thanksgiving dinner?)