Summer O

One of my favorite memories of my freshman year at Furman is Summer Orientation (Group 8, whoop whoop!). Not only did I get to spend my first night on campus -to a recent high school graduate craving freedom, this was icing on the cake- but I also got to meet and get to know many of my fellow classmates. In fact, my “O-Staff” leaders, Greyson and Katie, told us that you make some of your best friends at orientation, and I can honestly say that it’s true. Some of us even ended up on the same hall and in classes together! Another awesome thing about Summer “O” is meeting with a temporary advisor to sign up for first semester classes… Even though my advisor was in the math department and I am a pre-med music student, his advice really helped me feel confident in my class choices (though I do wish I had listened to him when he tried to convince me not to take physics first semester). That said, there was plenty of fun to be had during orientation! The “Pala-Party” included s’mores, silly dancing, movies, a photo booth, and plenty of phone-number exchanges before we all set off to spend the rest of our summer in anticipation of the school year to come.

image3.PNGimage1.PNG