International Learning

February is wrapping up, snow is on the ground and Midterms is around the corner. Currently I’m writing this while watching my favorite show, Parks and Recreation wrap up its series and enjoying the bliss of a snow day tomorrow.

All that being said, Spring Break is around the corner and I’m excited. This year I’m getting to visit the Corrymeela Community in Northern Irealand as part of the FOCUS program of the Cothran Center of Vocational Reflection. I will be traveling alongside 12 of my peers as we study the Catholic Protestant tension in Northern Ireland. I’m excited for the conversations which will be fostered on this trip and the opportunity to study how conflict is dealt with within this unique community.

Also, I recently just committed to studying abroad in Brussels next fall! The trip will allow me to study with two of my favorite professors, study at the Versalius College in Brussels, and intern in the European Union. Who knew that my time at Furman would allow me the time to study abroad and take the classroom beyond campus? Both trips will offer new perspectives on life and I can’t wait to see how I grow.

Stay warm,

nm