Kat Denney #paladenney

Name: Katherine Denney, but my pals call me Kat:)

Hometown: Carrollton, GA

Graduation Year: Class of 2020!!!!!

Major: Kinda Undecided but I have an interest in journalism and writing!

Student Organization?

I’m a Freshmen Representative for the Heller Service Corps and it’s so awesome because I am able to impact the Greenville community and serve others in a meaningful way which sounds really cheesy and cliché, but it’s true!

Favorite CLP?

The Birthday Party presented by the Furman Theatre was wicked cool (shout-out to Kenzie Wynne for killing the part of LuLu!!)

Three things in your dorm you can’t live without?

An electric kettle (I’m addicted to coffee), honey bunches of oats, and the light that sticks under my bed so that I can do work in bed while my roomie is snoozin’.

What’s your favorite class you’re taking this semester?

I love all my classes this semester but my favorite might be my Multi Ethnic Lit class with Dr. Kirkpatrick.  We read diverse novels and short stories by various authors of different ethnicities and have in class discussions, write papers, bring in outside sources, and it’s just a big party!

Where can we find you on a Saturday afternoon?

If I procrastinated my work you can find me in the library. If I didn’t procrastinate I’m probably hiking around in the mountains, sleeping, or chilling downtown.

What part of campus/Greenville feels most like home to you?

There are these really cool running trails kind of hidden all around campus and I love going out there for walks with buddies and exploring.

What are you most looking forward to this year?

I’m really excited to just be here honestly.  So I guess I’m excited for the entire year! (except finals week… not excited about that…)

Describe Furman in five words.

Beautiful, Engaging, Challenging, Fun, and FullOfOpportunities (I made that all one word so it counts.)

What’s your favorite meal served on campus?

Last week I made a quesadilla in the panini press and it’s honestly probably the most impressive thing I’ve done here at Furman.

Name the last song you’ve listening to?

“She Lit a Fire” by Lord Huron

What is a movie, book, or TV show we should be reading/watching and why?

Movie- Short Term 12. You will laugh. You will cry. But it’s so good.  Or my other all-time favorite is Moonrise Kingdom, or anything by Wes Anderson!

Book- The Flavia de Luce series by Alan Bradly is SO GOOD if you’re in a fun read kind of mood but my favorite book of all time is Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte.

TV show- If you haven’t seen Stranger Things I have just one question for you… why?

If you were an emoji which one would you be?

I would definitely be the laughing crying face because I’m hilarious and I make myself laugh all the time.

I’ll see you guys real soon but in the meantime follow my hashtag #paladenney on @fuadmission  !!!!!