Good News!

Guess what? Remember my goal to submit my first graduate school application by November 1? I’m so happy to share that it happened right on schedule. I submitted the first application on October 22. I’ve submitted two others since then (read: I submitted them last night), and am hoping to complete two more this weekend! Hooray for time management!

The semester is flying by. All the annual fall activities are in full swing, and so much fun – Homecoming, FUSAB’s HAVOC event, Fall Fest (which was unfortunately cancelled due to some unexpected snow!), sorority fall philanthropy events, Dance Marathon, and Greeks for Greenville’s Fall for Alexander Elementary, to name a few. One thing I definitely appreciate about our student body is the passion everyone has for service – not just fundraising, but often also hands-on service opportunities. All the events I just listed (and many more!) are service-focused. Collectively, the student body at Furman is unbelievably dedicated, and very genuine, and I believe a big part of that comes from our belief in the importance of giving back to communities and organizations that have served important roles in our lives.

Now I’m at the place (like most students) where I’m doing my best to get planning for next semester underway. I’ve been setting the dates for Panhellenic calendar next year and nailing down plans for Formal Recruitment in January, and Officer Transition and turnover in February. I’ve also chosen my classes for next semester and been assigned my schedule for the last time ☹

I’ll keep you posted on my graduate school application process – hoping next time I post, it will be done!