Take a Look at Our International Connection Program – Fall Farm Party!

Yesterday (Friday the 7th), we international students gathered for a while at a bonfire site off-campus – at Darby’s house! 

Darby Woodard is one of the liaisons for international freshmen in the International Connection Program. Chrissy named it fancy – a “Fall Farm Party,” in our meeting one month ago (Chrissy McCrary is the head of the ICP).

International Connection Buddies – Viet Le (’17) and Jake Saine (’16)
Me & my ICB (Allie Flett ’14) in last year’s Thanksgiving break

So, the Fall Farm Party is an exciting time to get off-campus, have a bonfire, roast marshmallows, grill burgers and hot dogs, and enjoy the company of friends! This event is open to international students of all classes and International Connection Program liaisons. We plan to make it an annual cozy gathering for this family of diversity at Furman!

I still remember Chrissy’s excitement in her emails to her fellows: 

And it was SUPER FUN!! We arrived finding ourselves amazed at how beautifully everything was laid out: the tables, bonfire, food, and candles. The food: mac & cheese, burger, sweet potato were ordered from Mac’s Speed Shop downtown – one of the few restaurants that ticked off with food quality itself rather than with PR and advertising.

People stood in line for food and gathered at the bonfire. We served s’mores ourselves, had conversations with new people, and… hummed along some songs (in the case of me and Chrissy, we sang “I Knew You Were Trouble” (Goat Version) together).

Blake, Darby, Kilpy and I (from right to left) cuddled one another near a heater lamp

Braiding near the bonfire!

I love every event held by the International Admissions Office. The events always come with a warm feeling of similarity, open-mindedness, and welcome that brought all people together!

International love with me, Sky, and Giang!