Planning My Life One Day at a Time

It’s no secret that with college comes a lot of responsibility, especially as far as time management is concerned. In my experience so far, balancing schoolwork, social interaction, and sleep has been my greatest challenge in adjusting to the college lifestyle. With that being said, I am by no means an expert at managing my life; however, I have discovered a few things that work for me, and would love to share them with you!

In order to manage my time more efficiently, I first invested in a day planner to keep track of my daily activities. In this planner, I write down all of my homework assignments, quiz and test dates, rehearsals, club and organization meetings, and due dates. My planner also contains inspirational quotes to inspire me and help me get through the day, even when my life is hectic.

Using said planner, I try to plan my day accordingly to allow for optimum productivity and efficiency, while still reserving time for visiting with friends and participating in one or a few of the many extracurricular activities and clubs that Furman has to offer. I cannot stress how important it is to develop long lasting relationships and friendships with your colleagues.

I also cannot stress how important it is to obtain ample sleep and rest. Not only is it important for your health, but it will also benefit your academic progress and growth. With that being said, academic progress and growth are why we are here at Furman, and we should be mindful of our academics in everything that we do.

Here’s a picture of my planner!