So! How is Fall Break everyone?

I bet that Fall Break is the time when you guys will be bombed with our blog posts, since people will have been returned from fun trips all over the US (as in my case, I went to PA) or simply have a relaxing time at home!

Before the break, I visited downtown Greenville with my friends to chill out after killing two midterm tests. I had been studying all week, not to realize that only last-minute jumps were worth the effort, but that extended reading helped me a lot in open test questions (tips right here!). Darby Moore said good bye to me by her super cute, bluesy and literally hot-looking penguin pajama.

Greenville downtown with Danai and UIF!

Darbs’ bluesy penguin!

My Fall Break to PA to meet high school friends was filled with traveling, random conversations and new-restaurant tryouts!

After a 24-hour bus trip (during which I had the chance to meet a lot of cool people luckily!), I arrived at the Lyco campus with my folks. We had some great discussions about different international student bodies in different campuses. Lycoming College (Williamsport, PA) has the biggest Vietnamese student body among the three (40 students), which motivates them to have more regular gatherings than we Vietnamese do at Furman. They have a China Cafe and the Lycoming mall nearby where they can hang out together. Bucknell University (Lewisburg, PA) has about 11 Vietnamese; they all blend in well with friends from other ethnicities and gather weekly to cook hot pot! It was great to hear from various perspectives to help improve the quality of the international body here at Furman!

I love the Market Street Bridge in Harrisburg, PA that we passed by. When I ask a French middle-aged couple what they think about the architecture of the bridge, they confirmed that it has some European styles and elements.

Market Street Bridge

So, three more cities are checked from my United States journey! Besides, it includes my first time Sushihana and Panera. And you know what; I miss the southern sweet tea so much that one of the first things I did when I got back to campus was taking a full glass of sweet tea!

P.s: I love traveling, travelers and their stories! Whoever you are, if you want to share your Fall Break journey or any traveling stories, please email me to samkristen.can@furman.edu to talk about traveling!