Party Like It’s My Birthday

Except it was my birthday yesterday! It’s official, I’m 21. More like Twenty-Fun, am I right?

*insert disclaimer about drinking responsibly, because if I have to, so do you*

I started off my birthday with lunch at Chicora Alley downtown. Yeah, you know it’s a good day when you don’t do anything until noon and it only consists of you eating. And what else should you do on your birthday? Play with puppies! We had to have a quick trip to the Greenville Humane Society to play with their puppies. I am a firm believer that a day is not complete without petting at least one dog. Unfortunately, many of the past couple days have been puppy-less so I had to make up for them. And through doing this, I fell in love. With Kira, a beautiful 10 month old black retriever mix. She was perfect and if I was able to take care of her, you bet she would have been mine. However, I’m should not be in charge of a living animal permanently, and after checking the website later that night, we found out that Kira was actually adopted shortly after we left. So Kira is in a loving home already (because she was so perfect). And I was wanna say this, Kira, if you’re reading this, I miss you.

And then finally after weeks of rehearsal, I had my 10 minute play. And it went really well! People laughed! At appropriate times! It was great. It was a great self-esteem boost to my pseudo-actor self. Was it perfect? Obviously, I was in it. Nah. Will I win a Tony this year? Definitely, it’s in the bag. No. Did I have a great time? YES. And isn’t that all we can ask for in life?

Then we went downtown for dinner after the show to celebrate.

And what is the perfect way to end the night after all of this? You guessed it, watch Grey’s Anatomy.