Midterms

This midterm  is a milestone in my Furman career for two main reasons

1. It marks the halfway point of this semester which means I am done with 56.25% of my time at Furman
  2. I had my first real midterm exams. None of the classes that I’ve had before have had them so I’ve gotten luck for 2 years (in fact, I still have one on Wednesday that I’m procrastinating for by writing this)

While I am not gonna miss these exams once I graduate, I’m gonna be miss this place. Over fall break, I went and visited my friend at her university. I’ve never visited her there before and her campus was quite flashy, but instead of falling in love with her campus, I fell back in love with Furman. It just reconfirmed all the reasons why I love my school, and why I’m glad I’m a Paladin especially the 5 main reasons I choose this school-

1. The campus is just so beautiful. I think it’s the trees that do it for me. I really enjoy the trees and no other campus that I’ve been to has the same aesthetic effect from the trees
  2. Everybody lives on campus so everybody is really close, and you don’t have to worry about driving to campus. You can very easily walk to visit your friends and this closeness just creates a community that you take for granted.
  3. Furman is so close to many places, Downtown Greenville is only 15 minutes away. The mountains are right there. The beach is only 4 hours away. Asheville, Atlanta, Columbia, and Charlotte are perfect for a day trip. Furman is in a great location that allows you take advantage of Greenville activities, and if Greenville doesn’t have what you’re looking for, many places are close by that will.
  4. The academics of this school will give you a superior education than other colleges.
  5. And most of all, the people here are just fantastic. The professors are so eager to teach and help you learn. The students are dedicated to learning and so friendly.