Whirlwinds

So something to note about Furman students is that we are all very, very busy. And more than that, we love to talk about just how busy we are! So without further ado, here’s how busy I am…

I’ve made great strides on a lot of coursework since I last blogged, thank goodness. My senior research methods class for Sociology requires me to complete a year-long research project, and I’m just about ready to submit my proposal to the Institutional Review Board (IRB) to have that approved by January. And fortunately, almost all of my other classwork (read: exams, papers, and one political science Congressional simulation) are all wrapped up in time for the Thanksgiving holiday, leaving me with mostly just exams when I return.

But enough about work! Let’s talk about the fun stuff! It seemed fitting for me to write down a few thoughts about what I am most excited for and looking forward to in the last few weeks of the semester and year. Hope this gets everyone amped up for holiday time!

1. Tomorrow is Thanksgiving! To be honest, it’s not my favorite holiday, but I love cooking and I love my family, so I’m anticipating a great meal and a lot of memory sharing. There’s talk of taking our Christmas card picture (hopefully before dinner…) tomorrow too, which is always an adventure in a family with four women and one man who closes his eyes 50% of the time.

2. Because my younger sister and I are in college, we choose and decorate our Christmas tree the weekend right after Thanksgiving. I love decorating the tree and pumping up the Christmas music, so needless to say, I’m excited.

3. I love Christmas shopping, and it’s about to be that time! I’m not a huge gift giver, but several organizations that I belong to at Furman are hosting Secret Santa exchanges, and I love everything Christmas related, so I’m in the spirit!

4. Christmas/holiday time at Furman is the best. Get ready. There’s a “Winter Wonderland” evening sponsored by FUSAB with hot chocolate, cookie decorating, free horse-drawn carriage rides around the campus, etc. Need I say more? So. Fun.

5. One of my best friends Katie and I are going on the FUSAB sponsored trip to the Biltmore Estate on December 6! The trip includes a meal, transportation, and a tour of the estate, and it’s one of my favorite Furman events of the year. More details to come after we go!

And now, I’m off to peel some potatoes and pack up the car to pick up my grandmother from Long Beach Island bright and early tomorrow for dinner. Wishing you all a wonderful Thanksgiving celebration with your families and friends!

576370_10200336808089273_1652461143_n