› Blogs › Furman Library News ›Ferguson’s Career Guidance Center
Ferguson’s Career Guidance Center This comprehensive resource for career exploration and planning allows users to quickly find the valuable career information they need, whether it’s industry and professions articles, school planning resources, or skills and career advice. This online resource can be accessed from the All Databases link on the library’s homepage.
- Industries and Careers: covers 140 different industries and career fields and thousands of professions.
- Plan Your Education: find the schools that are the best fit—choose from undergraduate, graduate, nursing, and vocational and tech schools in the U.S. and Canada, and narrow your list by location, tuition, enrollment, sports, areas of study, campus housing, and a variety of other characteristics.
- Launch Your Career: offers expert advice on writing resumés and cover letters, interviewing, applying for apprenticeships and internships, professional etiquette, and other workplace skills.
- Links to Outside Jobs and Internships: searchable, current job and internship postings.
- Career Advice Blog: regular blog posts “From Our Career Experts,” with an archive of more than 2,200 posts on topics such as job searching, workplace issues, interviewing, networking, resumés and cover letters, and salary and benefits.
- Networking Section: addresses topics such as managing your online presence and using social media in a job search.
- Career Interest Assessment: quiz ranks users’ work interest areas and suggests related occupations and industries.
- Videos: more than 420 tablet/mobile-friendly videos covering jobs, industries, and career development skills. The “Career Q&A: Professional Advice and Insight” videos let users get a no-nonsense, insider’s perspective from working professionals across multiple industries.