Welcome to the Live Well Furman blog!

Welcome to the Live Well Furman blog!

This blog is designed to help support healthy behaviors in the Furman community and beyond.  Visit often to learn about campus wellness offerings, wellness in the news, healthy meal ideas, exercise tips, and more!

I am Kelly Frazier, a Lecturer of Health Sciences at Furman University in Greenville, South Carolina.  I received a B.S. degree in Exercise Science with a minor in nutrition from James Madison University and a M.A. degree in Health and Exercise Science from Furman University.  I have been certified by the American College of Sports Medicine as a Health and Fitness Instructor and by the  Aerobics and Fitness Association of America as a Group Exercise Instructor.

I have been instructing undergraduate classes in exercise science and nutrition at Furman since 2002.  I am also involved with  multiple health promotion programs on the Furman campus and Greenville community such as:

• Furman University Eating Lean (FUEL):  FUEL is a plate-based dietary intervention that has been demonstrated to improve nutrient intake, facilitate weight management, and improve health outcomes associated with chronic disease.
  • FUEL the Community:  Furman Health Sciences and Public Health majors teach the FUEL Curriculum to underserved populations in Upstate community such as Miracle Hill Renewal’s residential addiction recovery programs, Momentum Bike Club program for youth, and the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI) at Furman.
  • FIT Rx:  Furman Health Sciences and Public Health majors implement learn the foundations of exercise assessment, exercise prescription, health coaching, and lifestyle medicine.  They provide free individualized exercise training for Furman students, employees, and dependents.
  • Furman Group Exercise:  I instruct group exercise classes for the Furman Fitness Center and Furman Athletics such as Body Fit Weight Training, yoga, cycle, and HIIT.
  • Furman Culinary Club:  I have taught a variety of healthy cooking workshops for Furman students, employees, and the Greenville Community.  Check out our large healthy recipe database at pinterest.com/eatveg.

This blog designed to promote healthy living.  Please check it out, provide your thoughts, and visit often!