› Blogs › Furman Library News ›Libraries Celebrate Faculty Scholarship
On February 24, the Libraries and the Office of the Provost hosted Furman’s first Faculty Scholarship Reception to recognize and celebrate the scholarly publications and creative works of Furman faculty members. The reception, held in the Blackwell Atrium of the James B. Duke Library, showcased over 170 examples of scholarship published by 87 faculty members during the 2015 and 2016 calendar years. Guests included members of the faculty, staff, senior administration, and the Board of Trustees. Attendees mingled, sampled hors d’oeuvres and sipped on wine while browsing through displays of the faculty works. The following faculty provided four-minute presentations on their scholarly or creative works:
- Gil Allen, Faculty Emeritus, English
- Tami Blumenfield, Assistant Professor, Asian Studies
- Akan Malici, Associate Professor, Politics and International Affairs
- John Quinn, Assistant Professor, Biology
- Erin Wamsley, Assistant Professor, Psychology
- Mark Kilstofte, Professor, Music
Scholarship from the reception will remain on display in the Blackwell Atrium until March 31st. Learn more.
View the Faculty Scholarship Reception program online.