Winter Is Dead.

Spring has sprung at Furman, and it is my favorite season of the year. I know it may seem cliche, because everyone and their mother knows that Furman is one of the most beautiful campuses in the country (see here, here, and here. But, here are a few of my favorite parts of springtime at Furman:

• IMG_2854Waking up to birds chirping outside your window and thinking that this has got to be a scene from a movie or something because it is just too perfect.
  • Flowers…EVERYWHERE. Yes, this comes with pollen that may hinder your ability to breathe but it is oh, so worth it.
  • March Madness. Since we can’t cheer for Furman, I go with my second favorite, the North Carolina Tarheels (mostly because a $50 gift card is on the line in my bracket challenge)
  • Prospective students (and my favorite, their parents) all over campus.
  • Rainy afternoon naps. Naps are not only acceptable, but also encouraged in college. And a rainy spring afternoon is the perfect setting for maximal rest.
  • Bike rides on the Swamp Rabbit Trail.
  • Driving with the windows down and the music up (blaring T Swift #seniorshameless)
  • Bringing out your summer clothes (and discovering a whole new closet you forgot about in the gloomy depths of winter)
  • IMG_2855ENO hammocking (yep, I just made that a verb) by the lake. If you haven’t spent an afternoon hanging in the trees, treat. yo. self.
  • Late sunrises and sunsets, so you can fully enjoy both.
  • Perfect weather. Not too hot, not too cold. Warm sun combined with a cool breeze just cool enough so your walk to class doesn’t end in a sweat.

I know I am just the token #sentimentalsenior, but Furman really is beautiful. And there is a fresh energy that comes with spring to remind us of that. What is your favorite part of Furman in the spring?

“She turned to the sunlight
And shook her yellow head,
And whispered to her neighbor:
‘Winter is dead.’” -A.A. Milne