It’s going by fast

So we’re on fall break, the leaves are changing colors, and the sweaters are out which only means one thing: midterm.

We’ve reached midterm of the first semester and all I have to say is: it’s going by way too fast. Sophomore year is disappearing.. I’ve realized I’ve begun to solidify those relationships that were established last year and some of the best friendships are beginning to form. The best thing about this semester going by fast is that my friends who are abroad will be back home soon and I couldn’t be happier.

We play USC (for those of you who are thinking California, I apologize for this part of the south that uses USC for the University of South Carolina – in a true southern manner just sigh and say “bless their hearts”) next weekend and I can’t wait to head down to Cola town and cheer on the Paladins! The following week is: HOMECOMING!!! I’m excited for the week long events that will be hosted by SAC (the student alumni council) & FUSAB (Furman University Student Activities Board) on which I serves as the homecoming chair. This year our theme is Disney for the week so we’re thrilled to bring out the inner child in all of us for a week.  I would just like to pause on this topic of FUSAB – as it’s the first organization I became involved with at Furman and this past weekend I got to go to conference for it. It was called NACA southern regionalconfernece and it was phenomenal. Basically multiple activities boards from across the south converged in Myrtle Beach for a couple of days to learn how other boards plan and execute fun programming events for their campus and then we watched multiple showcases of various acts in order to see who we would like to bring to campus. It’s opportunities like these where being at Furman has been amazing because I got to hang out in Myrtle Beach with my friends and our advisers and just learn in a completely different realm and I couldn’t imagine a better a start to my fall break.

Hopefully I’ll be declaring a major soon and then start looking at applications for going abroad. Just wanted to keep y’all updated.

Well that’s all I got folks – I’m now going to go back to sleeping and watching TV because that’s what rainy days are for.

-nm