Airports, Fans, and Facebook

As I was searching though various airport websites, I came across a Facebook link on the Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport’s site.  The airport had made a fan site on Facebook where anyone who becomes a fan is able to comment on posts and give helpful feedback.  Considering how big the Atlanta airport is I was surprise when I noticed it only had 2, 149 fans…I expected much more.  On this fan site, the airport posted topics and news and employment opportunities, security updates, additions, etc… When the “fans” commented on a post, they sometimes inquired about their own flights and the airport would comment back in very personable manner.  Here’s one example of a comment conversation between a the “fans” and the airport:

Post: Thank you for “fanning” Hartsfield-Jackson

(4 poeple “liked” the post)

comments:

Seth: No prob.

Christina: your welcome

Manous: my daughter and son-in-law are flying to ASis there flight has 3 hr layover in Atlanta, Can I go to the concorse to see them?

Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta Int’l Airport: Manous- Only ticketed passengers are allowed past security and on the concourses.  I would suggest they meet you in the Atrium area.  They will have to go back though security but with a 3 hour layover, they will have time to go back through security.

Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta Int’l Airport: Wait time are usually less than 10 minutes.

As you can see, the airport is trying to reach its costumers on a very personal level.  I was very impressed that they managed to respond to each needy costumer and I fell thats a great way to form a better connection with its clientele.

n62909106078_2034268_8682