An Introduction: #palapruitt

Name: Emily Pruitt

img_2626

Hometown: I was born and raised in Mount Pleasant, South Carolina which is about 10 minutes outside of Charleston.  Home to breathtaking sunsets, long beach days, and some killer homemade southern cuisine, it’s definitely one of my favorite places.

Graduation year:  Four years more to go, 2020.  I am super stoked to see what the next few years hold for me here down the road.

picture1

Major:  As of now, I am planning on double majoring in studio art and communications.  I am not exactly positive what I want to do with this, perhaps work for a newspaper, do marketing, or even go on to get my masters in art education.  Life is crazy and holds countless upon countless opportunities.

picture1-copy

What’s one student organization you’re apart of?

I am a part of the club swim team here at Furman and I really love it.  It has been a great way to not only stay in shape and be able to get in the water, but also meet some super cool people who share similar interests that I do.

What’s your favorite CLP you’ve attended?

Well, speaking from that I have only gone to two so far because I have only been here for less than a semester, I don’t think I have really found my favorite yet.  However, I am excited to go to the plays that count as a CLP since I find that those will be entertaining but also satisfy my credit.

picture1

What’re three things you couldn’t live without in your residence hall?

1. I definitely could not live without candy. My roommates and I have tried to eliminate the candy, but my sweet tooth constantly leaves me craving more.  Reese’s are a personal favorite to have around.
  2. My fish Oscar. He traveled all the way here with me from home and he is still going strong.  I think he really enjoys it here and everyone always is super excited and surprised when they see him.
  3. My super amazing hall mates! Guys, Poteat is absolutely the best despite what other people tell you.  We are just like a huge family and everyone is always so sweet with a little bit of crazy.  You can never get tired of your family, which is why I can never get tired of them.

p

What is your favorite class you’re taking this semester?

My favorite class is probably my photography class.  It is all film based which is super challenging but also a lot of fun.  I could spend hours upon hours in that dark room which can be a good or bad thing.  It’s kind of a go figure that it would be my favorite since I am a photo geek, but even if you’re not, it is still a fun and really cool class to try out. 

mountains

Where can we find you on a Saturday afternoon?

I am most likely wandering around campus or around town taking photos on a Saturday afternoon.  If I’m not doing photography, I love to go hiking or just hang out downtown with some of my best pals finding fun new places to eat and shop.

brdge

What part of Greenville feels most like home to you?

Downtown feels most like home to me.  Being from Charleston, downtown Greenville has vibes very similar to those back home in Charleston so it is like a little taste of home when I’m down there.  All the cute little coffee shops, boutiques, and ethnic eats remind me of walking along King Street back home.

What are you looking forward to most this year?

This year I am really just looking forward to overall stepping into the world of college and the whole experience.  I am excited about meeting new people and making new friends, as well as, even though I am super nervous, being on my own for once.  I am excited to see what college classes are like and I am also looking forward to rushing this upcoming winter.  I am really pumped to see what this whole year holds for me overall.belltower

Describe Furman in five words.

Furman in five words:

• Fun: There is always something going on.  From inflatables on the lawn to a concert at the Amphitheatre, you can never expect to be bored here
  • Friendly: Everyone here is always super welcoming and has such a big heart. Have a problem printing in the library?  Don’t know who to sit with at lunch?  Not a problem.  The students and staff members are all one of a kind and never fail to make you feel at home.
  • Fruitful: Furman has so many options and opportunities to offer to students in terms of classes, study away programs, internships and so much more.  It is definitely a great place to explore the world around you and all it has to offer.
  • Focused: Furman is really set on getting you where you need to be and making sure that you have the best opportunities available to you.  All of the students as well are really driven and know exactly what they want.  They are ready to work hard to get themselves there, knowing how to find the right balance in everything while still keeping their eye on the ultimate goal.
  • First: Although I may be bit biased, I think that Furman is First. It is an amazing place to be, full of wonderful people and even better opportunities.  The campus is beautiful, and I love everything that it has to offer.  I wouldn’t want to spend the next four years anywhere else but here.

What’s your favorite meal served on campus?

I really enjoy with the dining hall has cheese quesadillas.  Cheese quesadilla with some salsa, little bit of sour cream, that’s the perfect meal.  I am a sucker for Mexican food.  I used to make them at home all the time, so I guess you could say it’s a little taste of home for me.

What’s the last song you listened to?
How I Want Ya by Thomas Thames.  This is a really good tune.  I really enjoy it when I’m working out because it’s got a nice pump up beat, but also is a lot of fun to jam out to in the car with your gal pals.

What’s a movie, book, or TV show we should all be watching?

Thrillers usually aren’t my cup of tea, but The Girl on the Train is a film full of wonder, despair, and tension that I would highly recommend.  While based off of a book, you don’t really need to have read it prior to seeing the film because it does a really good job of delivering a clear story in an interesting way.  If you really enjoy psychological thrillers with a bit of mystery and something to keep you on the edge of your seat, I would highly recommend the Girl on the Train.

If you were a gif, what gif would you be?

This is defintly a hard one, but I’d have to say this one of Rapunzel.  Not only is Tangled my all-time favorite movie, but I feel like I relate to Rapunzel on a personal level.  She’s always super all over the place and very excited, nervous, and giddy all at once and I feel like that’s me a lot of the time.  She’s just a free spirit like me.

check it out 

And remember friends, don’t hesitate to follow my Instagram adventures and find out more about my fantabulous times here at Furman using #palapruitt

Cheers!